At times, you might have wondered what features you should look for in a GPS tracking system before purchasing it. This decision is based on various capabilities that vary accordingly with your purpose of tracking. Let’s brief the characteristic features here:
Designed for expected use: The tracking device should be designed for the specific use you are planning to.
The platform on which the tracker works should allow you to gather actionable data at a glance.
- High ROI: If you are looking to harness most of your GPS tracking investment, look for a tracking system provider that will deliver the highest possible ROI (Return on Investment). You should consider:
–How much the solution will reduce operational costs?
–How much the range of actionable data (provided by the supporting application) allows you to manage the operational expenses?
- Accuracy of Google maps: Different GPS tracking brands and their associated software upgrade at various frequencies. Google maps facilitate more accurate real-time tracking.
- Access to live traffic information: Software governing GPS units consider history (playback) and even live traffic information to help take effective decisions.
- Landmarks and Geofences: These features allow you to setup alerts based on a location or perimeter so you can passively track vehicle’s location as needed.
- Ongoing technical support: If you are a fleet manager, you might know that at times technology does not always work as expected. Look for a provider that not only sells GPS trackers but also provide ongoing technical support for times when you need help with troubleshooting. The solution provider should be able to solve any issues with installation, software instructions and dynamic support.
- Reporting Capabilities: The way the data pulled from a GPS tracking device is interpreted and analyzed is crucial. Monitor the reports offered and ensure that all of the information your company needs can be provided from those reports.
- Check for special features: These features add value to specific users.
For ex: Speed alert sets off warning sound within the app when speed exceeds a preset limit.
The software support system should have a mobile application accessible from smartphones and tablets.
And, the software should generate an array of configurable alerts.
If you are wondering now to search for a tracking device provider that sells trackers that meet these essential features, you are at the right place (link to products page).